School of Data Analysis in partnership with Yandex Data Factory is hosting its second Machine Learning: Prospects and Applications conference in Berlin,5th to 8th October 2015. The event will bring together world renowned data scientists and business leaders from 14 countries to discuss the advances in the theory, technology and applications of machine learning. Royal Holloway, University of London is the academic partner of the conference. It is also in partnership with Yandex, the world’s fourth largest search engine.
The three days are devoted to discussing the different scientific approaches and discoveries in machine learning since School of Data Analysis’s last conference in 2013. It will provide a unique platform for speakers and participants to discuss their thoughts and findings around machine learning in the real world. Key speakers include:
- Vladimir Vapnik, Facebook, USA
- Bernhard Schoelkopf, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Germany
- Francis Bach, École Normale Supérieure de Paris, France
- Pierre Baldi, University of California, USA
- Li Deng, Microsoft Research, USA
- Nathan Intrator, Blavatnik School of Computer Science, Israel
- Vadim Levit, Ariel University, Israel
“Machine learning is the natural next step for big data”
In an effort to relate the theory of machine learning to business cases, Yandex Data Factory has included a session titled Machine Learning and Big Data: Business Challenges. This focuses on how to tackle the challenges that many business leaders face as they implement machine learning technologies into their day-to-day operations.
As part of the business session speakers from a variety of industries will discuss how they are using machine learning in the real world; and why this technology is set to fundamentally change the way their organisations operate. Conference speakers include:
- TripAdvisor – Jeff Palmucci, Director of Machine Intelligence
- Deutsche Telekom – Susan Wegner, Vice President Smart Data Analytics & Communications
- Allianz – Andreas Braun, Head of Global Data
- Sixt – Martin Hoff, Senior Director, Head of Strategy
- Boeing – Sergey Kravchenko, President, Russia and CIS
- AIG – Reza Khorshidi, Head of Quantitative Analytics
- GfK – Norbert Wirth, Global Head of Data and Science
“We want to champion the advancement of machine learning among the leading experts, business leaders and data scientists alike. By hosting the second Machine Learning Conference, we are able facilitate the discussion about the past, present and future of the technology. Potential applications of machine learning and big data analytics are almost unlimited for businesses, and can be applied to help solve many business challenges. Particularly industries working with large amounts of data. This is something our work with CERN has proved, machine learning technologies were successfully applied to the big data issues in science.” said Jane Zavalishina, CEO of Yandex Data Factory.
Jane Zavalishina continued, “Machine learning is the natural next step for big data. However many businesses are still trying to understand big data analytics and are unsure of the most effective tools for them, or in their ability to use them to their fullest potential. This is the reasoning behind the introduction of the business session. It will showcase real world examples of how successful companies are using machine learning, and the challenges they are overcoming.”